Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Electronic Organizer

Yesterday I blew out my ears listening to Movin' Out on my pda. Today I'm suffering from the after effects and will stay away from loud sounds until my ears stop hurting. It was the first time I listened to a song with headphones on my new Tungsten T5, and I tried turning down the already "low" volume as much as I could, but it wasn't enough. Who knew a little pocket organizer could blast so much sound out?

I've never had an electronic organizer before, but I've played hardball on my mom's a lot. The T5 brand new model, but it doesn't come with any games. So now I actually have to use the other features like the calendar, address book, and to do lists. I don't have many appointments since the computer is where I spend most of my time. There's five contacts in my address book, mainly because I just IM people, and importing my Yahoo address book didn't work. The to do list feature doesn't help me much because I'm bad at making them. The features included with the pda aren't useful to me.

I love making the most out of new technology (or technology new to me), so I quickly found other things to do with it. Adobe Reader, Noah Lite dictionary, Mapopolis, and some translating software, all for free, makes the pda useful for me. My pda isn't helping me stay organized, but at least I can have fun with it.