Friday, September 10, 2004

Slacker

Once again I've fallen into a funk and haven't updated anything substantial. There's always an excuse, but this one's a good one. To sum it up; I've fallen behind in school. It's nothing that will cost me immediately, but in the near future there could be dire consequences if I don't get my act together. I've been cursed with the mindset of the slacker since classes started; maybe I was bitten by something or hit hard on the head. Instead of studying I'm sleeping, watching TV, surfing the internet, or reading for pleasure. Hopefully over the weekend, my get-it-together time, I'll catch up, but I think I'm doomed to become a slacker for the entire semester.

Is once a slacker, always a slacker true? Or can I quickly change into the school addict I used to be? One way to reverse the behavior is to analyze it: Who, what, where, when, how, and why? Who: Me. What: Spending time on pleasurable activities, not getting much school work done. Where: At home: When: After classes, on the weekdays, not the weekends. How: Simply neglecting to open a textbook, notebook, or my backpack, choosing to take a three hour nap, watch TV, read a novel, etc. Why: I don't enjoy my classes, they are truly unstimulating and I've lost my will to fully participate as a student.

Ugh, I think I'm doomed, but I'm still going to try something to remedy my illness. I'll go to bed earlier so I won't have to take naps when I get home. Cut before-homework internet time to 30 minutes (no, I'm not cutting before-homework internet time period). Restrict reading for pleasure to before bed and on the bus. These things I'll try next week...