Saturday, October 18, 2003

Thread Count

After watching Martha Inc. I have become interested in thread count. In the movie Martha wanted her Kmart products to be high quality, and demanded that her sheets have at least a 300+ thread count. So I started looking for new sheets for my bed with high thread counts. Without doing any research about what the thread count of sheets actually referred to, I noticed that higher thread counts meant higher prices. That's alright though, it's not my money.

It may seem like I've turned into a domesticity freak, but I'm looking for two things: sheets that last for 20 years+, and darker sheets that don't look like they're dirty when they really are (I just hate washing sheets).

This is what happens when you watch too much Martha Stewart. If I go broke decorating rooms, this what I'll blame it on.