Thursday, March 24, 2005

Getting Less Sleep

Even though I've always had a love affair with sleep and can't seem to get enough of it, I've had a change of heart and decided that it's cutting too much into my living time. There's so much going on in the world that I don't want to miss anything just because I was asleep. But no matter how hard I try to stay awake I eventually fall asleep and can't get up until I've had at least eight hours rest. Eight hours is too much sleep for me because that only leaves 16 hours of active living per day, which clearly hasn't been enough as I can't get things done.

So how does one get less sleep? I can try setting an alarm clock, but I have a feeling I'll succumb to the temptation to nap for three hours. Maybe I can chug more fruit energy drinks, but they're starting to make my stomach feel bloated. Caffeine comes to mind also, but the last time I had a caffeinated beverage I got cramps in my feet and started seeing ghost-like images at night, so I'm going to pass on that. I'm really not sure what else to try, but I'll start with the alarm clock first.