Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A Yahoo! 360 Blog

I found a Yahoo 360 blog of a Yahoo employee but didn't try to get an invite. At least I got a chance to see what the service looks like and get some initial impressions. One major thing I don't like is the blog addresses. Randy's site address is http://360.yahoo.com/profile-9lciejI3aafX1stHPoIRNmkmv4EowQ--. What is that? How am I supposed to give people my Yahoo blog address when I can't even remember it! Also, I don't like the standard template and the three column layout on the front page looks way too cluttered. It doesn't look like a good place to be anonymous and be private either. I was expecting a lot more from the service, but I don't have an account yet so I really haven't gotten a good look at it yet. Now I just have to figure out who's arm I'll have to twist to get an invite.