Thursday, March 24, 2005

Sluggish Orkut

Is it just me or is Orkut way too slow to even consider logging in anymore? The last time I logged in was the first time in awhile, and on each page I visited there were errors (white question marks in Safari) of member photos that didn't load. Sometimes profile pages didn't work at all and went to a 404 page instead. This is not the kind of service I expected from Google, especially since Orkut's been around for over a year and they've had plenty of time to improve the service. At least the spam messages have stopped, but I still want the service to change for the better. I think the invite-only appeal has worn off long ago and people have lost interest. If Google doesn't plan on adding new features soon they should try to make to site faster so it won't be such a pain to navigate.