Sunday, November 23, 2003

The Future of Bourgeois Society

What is the future of the bourgeoisie in America? As fewer people possess the nation's wealth, will bourgeois society continue to exist in the future? I bring this up because the state of public education is supposedly in a dire condition. So, does the mean that people will leave school learning nothing and not be prepared for the real world? I have no clue about this, but I definitely don't want to be living in a tiny apartment, working long hours, and getting paid nothing. If I get a bad education and can't do anything, there's still a way out: marriage.

Naw, I'd rather go to school some more than be a housewife. Are the only options to get a high priced and valuable education to get a high paying job, or get a mediocre education and get a regular 9-to-5 or longer? How does one make the right decision if the state of the bourgeoisie is unknown? Well, why be limited by the U.S.? I could leave America and go live in another country. But where to go?

I want to live in a place that has a high standard of living, access to anything and everything, and plenty of things to do. I, like the average American, am spoiled. But to have all this and more takes tons of hard work, and if you don't do it, then you don't get it.

Hopefully bourgeoisie society stays in tact in America and I won't have to worry about any of this crazy stuff. Get a good education, job, and die wealthy. Is that what America's about?