Friday, February 27, 2004

The Way We Do Things

Now that mom's gone, we have to take care of ourselves. We have a lot of extra responsibilities in our house and keeping track of these tasks can be hard. When mom was home, things never seemed to run out. If we were getting down to the last few paper towels, we'd have more by the next day. If the cat puked on the carpet, it'd be cleaned immediately. Now things are different. We have run out of many things, but we never seem to get around to buying more. Paper towels, tissues, napkins, bread (sliced), mustard, ice cream, and a bunch of other stuff. The things we use everyday like the paper towels and napkins usually run low for about a week before we get more. Other items we need/eat everyday like milk, orange juice, and potatoes run out completely, but are replenished the next day or two. Either way, it takes longer then when mom was around.

I would go out and shop for things but I can't find the time to do it. Also, I hate walking around the store with a set amount of money, hoping that I don't buy too much. So far I've been a good judge of how much things will cost, but there have been occasions when I was younger where I didn't have the cash. They were real embarrassing moments that I do not wish to go through again. My dad says that he'll just sign a blank check and have me write in the amount, but that wouldn't work out. The cashiers always ask you for your i.d., and I don't think I could pass off as my dad. So the majority of the shopping's up to my dad.

All I will say about his style is that some people just don't know how to shop. We run out of things constantly. That's how we do things.