Thursday, September 11, 2003

Still Not There

I thought I had achieved maximum efficiency and that I was working at equilibrium. No floors, no ceilings, just pure freedom. I was wrong. Instead of spending time walking around my house and watching TV, I should've been working on an essay! It slipped my mind, or it was in my mind, but my mind said, "do it Thursday, it's only due on Friday." Folks this is what happens when you procrastinate 95% of the time. It's like a bad habit because it is a bad habit, and it's not easy to break. People fall down all the time, then they get up. I will get up and try it again. Only this time I will remember that there is always more school work to be done, and that I'm never really finished. The essay is finished, that's the important thing, and it's not past my normal bed time. So, the day went okay, aside from the fact that I only had 7 hours of sleep instead of 9. I'll make up the deficit tonight since I couldn't do it during class (I tried!)

More Viruses, That's Not Really News


Yesterday two new viruses were created and people were told to immediately download the patch. I didn't do that since I wasn't planning on turning the PC on again, but I'm still protected even if I did need to. Apparently the new patch really doesn't work as well and a system could still be "possessed" or "owned" or whatever. As far as I'm concerned I don't need to use the PC (thank you Apple), so I just won't turn it on. Abstinence is the best protection of all.

September 11th


Today is September 11th, see? I am no way connected to any terrorist attacks on any country, and I don't know anybody who is. I don't think it's fair to just commemorate this day because Americans died, rather, it should be a day when we commemorate all who have died because of terrorist activity. I'm not really a news junkie but I hear a lot about terrorist activity in other countries, and I wonder if they gather together to remember all the victims. Probably, but we don't hear about that sort of thing. I guess it should be moved to a different day then if it is for all victims of terrorism. Maybe somebody who creates "days" will think of that since terrorism was always an international problem, but two years ago became an American priority. According to me, September 11th is my friends' birthday, happy birthday.