Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Bad FanFiction

In my opinion most fanfictions are just plain horrible! I'm not saying that fanfic writers aren't creative and don't have any good ideas. That is the least of the problems with fanfictions. Unfortunately, most of these creative "writers" can't really write to save their lives. Every single error that could be made while writing can show up in one chapter of an average fanfic story. I understand that people make errors all the time, but it doesn't hurt to have at least one person proofread a story before it's published. If you ever go to FanFiction.net you'll know exactly what I am talking about. There's just way too much garbage on there to sift through before finding a gem. You never realize how much you appreciate a good pre-edited book until you read fanfiction. I think fanfiction and the internet are good things, however, just publishing any old thing you want regardless of quality is sacrilege. My advice: just read a book. For those who want to write a fanfiction go to HOW TO WRITE MARGINALLY READABLE FAN FICTION. I believe that this alone can improve a fanfiction by the amateur writer.