Sunday, August 17, 2003

Mercedes Lackey Book 1

I read Arrows of the Queen and I didn't like it. Didn't like the characters, plot (was there a plot?), style (sort of). I'm told that this is her first book and she gets better, but I'm still skeptical about it. Even Harry Potter 1 had a plot! And the characters were realistic too. If I don't like the next Lackey book then I won't be tempted to read the 70 others.

No Power


No, I didn't not experience a power failure, however some of my family members did. My aunt had to spend the night in her office, and most of the phones in her house require power. Now some Americans know how the Iraqis feel, and it's even hotter there. This event has not inspired me to learn more about the nation's power grid system, yet. It usually takes some time for people to sort all the details out and then propose what to do, so I'll wait for that. I couldn't image living in a house without power for more than an hour, especially when it's so hot. In my neighborhood we have frequent blackouts and I can barely stand not having internet access for more than a second. At least there's always reading or writing, heaven forbid we run out of ink!